Today’s box-text is a mysterious winter forest. Sorry for the slow update, holidays always hit you fast. I will be trying to return to my normal once a week updates soon!
Cold, bright light dances through the snowy forest, and you have to squint your eyes to avoid being blinded. Icicles hang from the branches and shine with a false warmth, but the cold air bites at your face reminding you its a trick. The sounds of your breath and steps fight to overcome the silence which crowds in on you, but the snow muffles them. The snow is so deep you often look down at your feet concentrate on your steps, when you look up you swear the trees look different than they should. Sometimes they are enormous, pressing in on you. Sometimes they are slender saplings far apart. You pass a tree with an unusual knot shaped like an exotic animal. You pass another tree with the same knot within ten minutes. Then another.
Ideas for the Winter Wandering Forest:
- Time travel. The forest wanders through time, people in the forest may find themselves within any time of the forests existence. When you exit the forest, you exit at whatever time you are currently in the forest. This can be a great way to time travel, but very unpredictable.
- The forest is sentient and moves around to get people lost.
- It’s always winter in the forest, no matter what season it is elsewhere.
- The knotted tree is the spirit of the forest.
- The knotted tree is a stalking creature.